yellow line paint on car

i have 1969 monza red vette that got yellow paint line painting from the road need to know how to get the yellow paint off the car with out hurting the red paint.

Use a Clay bar and plenty of lubricant.
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:42:36 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John Moore) wrote:

John Moore wrote:

Should come off with pretty good ease if the car was waxed. How much paint is on it, and where is it located? Is it just splatter?
I'd try a Meguire's swirl remover (#9 bottle, I think) to start, and work to more agressive cuts if required.
I used to work in the lab for the DOT and some of that may come off with toluene (test to be sure it won't damage the paint on some underside spot). It's dangerous stuff, so I don't know where you can find it.

sure is dangerous stuff http://tinyurl.com/cyhjp
--
"Key"

First off you are going to hurt the red paint. Not so much that it can't be polished out so don't sweat it. The line stripe paint is very quick to set so it should have been nearly dry when it hit your paint and should not stick on to strong when it got there. Take a sharp edge credit card and sort of shave the spots off. Don't make long strokes and keep some water running over your work area to clear the paint as it comes off. You'll be pushing the dots off, not scraping the paint to knock off the dots. Wipe the card edge clean often and don't rush it and it will come out with a few small scratches that can be polished out and not even require buffing, (more abrasive than polishing).
Good luck and let us know how it works out for you,
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51