ZO6 Brakes

I have an '04 ZO6. The brakes work well, but squeak at low speed and they make a ton of black brake dust.

Does anyone have a recommendation for pads that won't squeak and that don't dust?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Spud

Buy the cheapest organic pad you can put in.

Expect your braking to be in the league of a school bus.

There is no free lunch in brakes. If you want superior braking, there are some things you have to put up with.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I'm thrilled with the performance and reduction in brake dust of the GM performance drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads. I haven't seen any reduction in braking power, rather my brakes feel like the brakes on my wife's boxter do. Smooth, quiet and efficient. I picked mine up on ebay and installed them myself for about $350 for all four corners. The dust is now more white than black and there is a lot less of it. Not to mention they are GM parts. The only thing I would do different next time is paint the hats before putting them on the car. I didn't think the hats would rust like they do.

-Stan '99 C5 Vert '00 C5 Coupe

Reply to
sbright

Last time I drove straight ceramics was in 1965. Those needed a good warming up before they had any feel. How different are these between hot and cold?

Reply to
PJ