'00 Dodge Dakota Key Won't Turn

This all started happening after I went into a ditch. I got the truck towed home and the next morning the key would not turn in the ignition.
This happens sometimes but is usually fixed by a jiggle of the steering
wheel. I called the company who towed me, which is also the local auto mechanic, they said they didn't know what was wrong with it. He said he
got it to work after he lubed the ignition lock cylinder. Worked/started great for a total of seven times before it locked up again. I tried some lock de-icer/lubricant and it didnt do the trick for me. I was curious if there was anything else I could try myself before I take it back to the mechanic to stratch his head?
Thanks All.