00 Neon not acting right

My car acts like its wants to cut off when i stop at read lights.. my engine light isnt on and i have a brand new battery installed the other day so I do not know what the problem is...

You need to start by finding out what the fault code is that turned the check engine lite on!! A scan toll is needed for this
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

The same thing happened to me and probably it should be related to the idle sensor or fuel-related.