'01 stratus radio

My wife's '01 stratus radio (Radio/Cd player) began working intermitantly and now does not work. When power is off, the clock flashes quickly (as do the EQ lights) and makes almost a popping sound through speakers. When it is turned on it does not make this sound (or any sound) and no lights come on nor does the clock. I check all fuses and connections. Everything seems to be ok. I assume the radio is dead. Any other ideas. Do the Factory Radio/CD/Cass radios for '01-'04 install without altering wiring harness? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Danny

Reply to
DLA