'02 Caravan resistor block ok but fan still works on high only??

Hello, I changed out the resistor block in my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan about 7-months ago due to a bad resistor block (front fan only working on high). Now again the fan is only working on high. I took out the
resistor block and this one appears to be ok. I can't say I see any damage to the resistor or coil. The only thing I could say is that one of the coils has a blue-ish hue to it. Would this indicate that the resistor block is toast, or is there any thing else I should be looking at?
I did look at the wiring on the 2-plugs going into the resistor block and they appear to be in good shape. I also looked at the 40-amp fuse and it also appeared to be ok.
Thanks
Just for fun, I took the blower resistor apart on my wife's 1999 Dodge Ram Van as I had to replace it for the fourth time (it was 0 degree's outside and I had a cold). I used a multimeter on it and found the little thing that looks like a resistor was open (the finest of the little coils was also a bit blue). More investigation found it to be a thermal fuse. With the information I found on the fuse I found the manufacturer. I'm going to try to find prices and a distriburtor to see if it's worthwhile to replace it (the next time it goes out). I got the replacement blower resistor at NAPA for a bit over $20 with tax, so it may not be worth the effort.
Dave Young
spaxz wrote:

you might price it at the dealer. I'm finding that many oem parts are cheaper than aftermarket.
KS

My 2002 Dodge Gr. caravan has the same problem (started yesterday) Fan only works on high. Where is the Resistor Block on the 2002 van. I looked under the hood on the back wall but didnt see it??
"spaxz" wrote: > Hello, > I changed out the resistor block in my 2002 Dodge Grand > Caravan about > 7-months ago due to a bad resistor block (front fan only > working on > high). Now again the fan is only working on high. I took out > the > resistor block and this one appears to be ok. I can't say I > see any > damage to the resistor or coil. The only thing I could say is > that one > of the coils has a blue-ish hue to it. Would this indicate > that the > resistor block is toast, or is there any thing else I should > be > looking at? > > I did look at the wiring on the 2-plugs going into the > resistor block > and they appear to be in good shape. I also looked at the > 40-amp fuse > and it also appeared to be ok. > > Thanks