02 caravan starts, but gas makes it sputter

can somepne please help me? i dont have the $$ to go to a mechanic. i have a 02 caravan sport that starts just fine. Check engine light is on. and when you press the gas pedal it briefly sputters like its
going to stall out. i think the pcode was 0300. had a friend put it on a snap on diagnostic thing and that said it was not firing on the 3 and 6. i already changed spark plugs.
please help asap Renee

Possibly plug wires, how many miles on this vehicle and have the wires been replaced before? with a good set????
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Yeah one word of advice NEVER USE CHEEP PLUG WIRES! Especially Valucraft from Autozone, used a pair on my 94 Acclaim and had two bad ones, then on my 99 Jimmy we got three bad wires. Do your car a favor and buy the good wires.

36156.html
"cluelessoncars" wrote: > can somepne please help me? i dont have the $$ to go to a > mechanic. i have a 02 caravan sport that starts just fine. > Check engine light is on. and when you press the gas pedal it > briefly sputters like its going to stall out. i think the > pcode was 0300. had a friend put it on a snap on diagnostic > thing and that said it was not firing on the 3 and 6. i > already changed spark plugs. > > please help asap > Renee
Sounds like a stuck valve. Same thing happen on my 96 Caravan. A real simple test is to hold a dollar bill at the exaust pipe. If the dollar bill is getting sucked in while the engine is idling you probably have a valve stuck open. You can also do compression test. Because of the high mileage on my 96 Caravan and the fact that the body is in outstanding condition, I opted to replace the engine instead of having the engine torn apart for the valve job.
Hope this helps or gives you a direction to start looking.