'02 Grand Caravan Blower Motor Install & Turn Signal

Hello,

My 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan keeps blowing the blower motor resistor so I am going to replace the blower motor and fan (front). I am wanting to know where it is located and if it would be something I could do rather than taking it to the dealer. Also, anyone know if this can be purchased online? I have searched for this particular year range, 2001 to 2003 with no luck. My local dealer's price is $177 Canadian and that does come with the fan.

One more thing...the multifuntion switch, aka turn signal, will not click off from a left turn. I took it apart and the the plastic cog in the steering wheel is slipping over the plastic cog on the turn signal. I tore the turn signal mechanism apart and there is not anything damaged in that. I put it back together and it did work for a little bit. Any ideas on that or just go buy a new one? ($71.00).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
spaxz

If you dont know where the blower motor is located you wont be able to replace it on that year anyhow. It is a job to relplace it. The switch has no replaceable parts, replace the complete switch.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Hi Glenn,

I bought a new blower motor fan and replaced it myself. You are right.... it was a job!

Thanks

Reply to
chessl

spaxz wrote in news:1181938934.489512.84500 @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Buy yourself the Chilton manual for this van (most auto parts stores) and you'll save a lot of headaches. By the way, be VERY careful working around the steering wheel as the airbag is right in front of you! Be sure to disconnect the + side of the battery first.

I've had trouble w/ my '98 Caravan blower motor and have had to take it apart twice now. That price is cheaper than any others I've seen for that part, providing it includes the flange and the fan wheel. Btw, it's located behind the glove box. Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
BobjustBob