'02 Grand Caravan Sport - Power Sliding Door Problem

Hello! We recently purchased a used Caravan and have had it for a couple of months now - it has just under 20k miles and everything worked great until about a week ago. Our power sliding door will not close using the motor - it gets about 2-3 inches from closing and then it just opens back up. It closes just fine manually. I checked for obstuctions and found none. I have tried with and without the child safety lock on and have witnessed no noticeable difference.

For such low miles, I am suprised to see that it's having problems and am hoping that it's an easy fix. Any ideas?

Reply to
jeffhoover70

fwiw, an interesting Google hit:

"Loose weather strip tricks the power sliding door into thinking there is an obstruction making it misbehave during opening or closing. The weather strip must be replaced."

Reply to
daytripper

Thanks, Daytripper! I googled for over an hour and didn't turn up much. Thanks for your time and resourcefulness. I'll check it out.

Reply to
jeffhoover70

I did a search and pulled up a list of TSB's on alldata. Thinking TSB = recall, I called the dealer and they said that there have only been 3 recalls on my van and tha twasnt one of them. So, I guess my question is what is a TSB? I iknow it's an acronym for Technical Service Bulletin but what does that mean to me? The info on alldata simply looked like a list of potential issues but had no solutions..

Reply to
jeffhoover70