05 Grand Caravan (Clicking Noise from steering column when brake is pressed)

Hello
I have a 05 GC 3.8 with 40K miles.
Recently, when I depress the brake pedal, there is a "clicking" noise emmiting from the steering column...as I depress the brake pedal.
Brakes work fine....no lights on dash....nothing else weird....just loud clicking noise.
Any ideas??
Tks, John snipped-for-privacy@nospam.msn.com