'07 Caravan - very poor gas mileage

This summer I bought a new 2007 Caravan base model with Flexfuel. For the first tank of gas, I got about 18mpg in town, a little below stated mpg.
Then the mileage kept going down. In cold winter now, it only gets 14mpg. I exactly followed the advice for break-in, and get services on time. This never happened to our other new cars. I used to own a '94 Caravan, even better mileage than this one. I know there are some additives to gas in winter, but that should not cause so much loss to efficiency.
Thanks.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:02:22 -0600, John61 wrote:

Bummer. Have you talked to your dealer about it?

For what?

John61 wrote:

Could have something to do with the FlexFuel capability, which your '94 Caravan did not have. Fuel blends do not have the energy density (BTUs) of gasoline, which causes a drop in MPG when they are used. For example, propane is about 85%, and CNG is about 60%. Don't know about blends like E85. Based upon your experience I would guess 78% (14/18).
--
Gyz

If a man is speaking in the middle of the forest and there is no woman