1978 dodge aspen rear axel

getting a rear end from salvage yard cannot find a aspen what other cars/trucks might have compatible rear end

Reply to
shane481t

first off do you know how many bolt cover your rear has and is it square or round.

Reply to
truckdriver

If you can find one an 8 3/4 from a 66-70 B Body/ with the spring pearches/shock brackets will fit, does away with the rubber cussion mount. Had one in a 77 Volare years ago. Spring perches are of a bout 3/8" but will fit fine & it's bullet proof. I don't remember if I had to modify the driveshaft length

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Chrysler Fifth Avenue through early eighties through '89 model year. Chrysler LeBaron '77-'81. Dodge Diplomat - This applies if it is not a former police /taxi car

and of course, Plymouth Volare sedan.

Dodge Diplomat cop cars have the same rear end as the stock, Aspen/ Volare station wagon rear end. Is your Aspen a station wagon? If it is a station wagon it probably doesn't have same rear end as the Chrysler Fifth Avenue Dodge Diplomat and 77-81 Lebaron sedan. See:

steve p

i got a rear end from a 89 chrysler fifth avenue .where could i purchase new u-bolts? old one's broke.

Reply to
shane481t