1978 dodge aspen rear axel

getting a rear end from salvage yard cannot find a aspen what other cars/trucks might have compatible rear end

first off do you know how many bolt cover your rear has and is it square or round.
If you can find one an 8 3/4 from a 66-70 B Body/ with the spring pearches/shock brackets will fit, does away with the rubber cussion mount. Had one in a 77 Volare years ago. Spring perches are of a bout 3/8" but will fit fine & it's bullet proof. I don't remember if I had to modify the driveshaft length

Chrysler Fifth Avenue through early eighties through '89 model year. Chrysler LeBaron '77-'81. Dodge Diplomat - This applies if it is not a former police /taxi car
and of course, Plymouth Volare sedan.
Dodge Diplomat cop cars have the same rear end as the stock, Aspen/ Volare station wagon rear end. Is your Aspen a station wagon? If it is a station wagon it probably doesn't have same rear end as the Chrysler Fifth Avenue Dodge Diplomat and 77-81 Lebaron sedan. See: http://www.allpar.com/model/dodge-diplomat.html
i got a rear end from a 89 chrysler fifth avenue .where could i purchase new u-bolts? old one's broke.