1979 dodge aspen

engine drags when starting after warm starts fine when cold

That would be my guess too, the starter is getting bad....The same thing happened on my old ford, I first thought the car was overheating but then one morning all the starter done was CLICK there I was stranded.

thanks for the help ill try changing the starter