1979 Dodge Diplomat

54,000 original miles SLANT-6/ 2 bbl. Did the tune up and it still dies after it has warmed up.Put in a can of fuel system cleaner in the gas tank, very marginal change. I turned up the idle and now it idles too fast
but does not die as often. I changed out the fuel and air filters, new plugs wires and cap. If I had to guess what was wrong I would say some where in the fuel system.Any sugestions?
check for vacuum leaks around the intake and base of the carb