1981 Dodge Challenger

I have an electrical problem and I don't know where to start. When I use the turn signals weather left or right it stalls the engine and I then have no power, Nothing works,won't turn over until I let it sit for a
while.Restart everything is fine until I use the turn signals again. Anyone have an idea of how to approach this problem? Charlie
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3275.bay.webtv.net:

FWIW, if I was troubleshooting this problem, I'd probably start by pulling the flasher unit and then seeing if the power cuts out with the flasher removed and/or replacing the flasher with a known good unit. Next would be pulling/testing turn signal bulbs. After that, continuity checks in the turn signal circuit (which may require taking the steering wheel unit apart to check for an internal short (ie, turn indicator switch).
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

the steering column might be damaged and when you use the signals a wire is losing contact.