1988 Dodge Aries Transmission

So the transmission on my 88 Aries is finally slipping on 2-3 shifts after 200,000 miles of gentle driving and maybe 5,000 miles of bad driving.
My 19 year old daughter loves the car and the paint job is developing a nice bit of desert burn to the roof. I'm trying to find someone in the greater Orange County, LA area who would rebuild the tranny for say $1,000 if I don't care how long it takes.
The engine only has 30,000 miles on it since a full rebuild and it runs great. Otherwise I'd retire it.
This is my utility car so I am not in a big hurry though at times the Miata does get a bit hard to get groceries with. Yeah, yeah I know. A Miata but when you are offered an 02 Miata in 05 with 30K on it for $8,000 wouldn't you swallow hard and buy it too?
Anyway, anyone know how to rebuild older Mopar automatics in Socal?
Or maybe call some people in Hollywood and have it die in a blaze of glory in some TV cop show chase??
Dan snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
Get it fixed. you know its faults, it would be expensive to replace.