1994 Caravan Heater - How hot is yours?

I recently acquired a 1994 Dodge Caravan. I am concerned abour the heater output. Turning it on to high heat in Seattle's 50-60F weather, the air coming
out seems to only get warm, not nearly as hot as my previous 1987 Nissan van.
I am wondering if this heater is partially plugged or the engine thermostat is not right. The temperature guage show slightly less than 1/2 scale when the engine is fully warmed.
If you have a van somewhat near this "vintage", can you tell me if this is typical?
I will be using this van for skiing this winter, so a good heater is useful.
Bob F wrote:

Oops!
6 cyl 3.3L 4 spd automatic. (3spd w/overdrive)

not coming to the proper positions to blow heat or A/C air into the cabin. Do a web search for "Caravan" "Heater, A/C calibration". It involves holding certain buttons down for a few seconds. That resets the vacuum doors to the original factory settings. Worked like a champ for my van.
QX wrote:

Older technology for an older van.
Following the procedure here: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1l4bf-hi-1994-dodge-caravan-3-slight
It took a #2 philips screwdriver and about 5 minutes to re-adjust the blend door movement.
Thanks for the suggestions. Lots of heat now. I'm ready for ski season.
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:33:38 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Great. That's just great. NOW he tells me!
Three years ago I bought a Scion tC, and had a Grand Voyager and a Chrysler LHS (GREAT car, BTW, and I am the number 1 Japanese car fan in the country!). I did a spreadsheet comparison of the work I could do, the work I would have to have someone else do, and the parts needed, and the Grand Voyager won by about $1,000, so I traded the LHS for $600 towards the Scion (still makes me sick to think about it...).
I had the same heat problem, and in trying to remove the water pump I broke the idler pully bolt off in the block. Hey! I TURNED it the way they said to!
No problem with the water pump, except I broke 6 of the 10 bolts holding it in. I gave the van away. Then I heard about the blend door...
That's OK. I pick up a '92 Grand Caravan tomorrow...

Otherwise, there was a Tech Service Bulletin covering blend door sticking.