1994 Caravan Squeeking Tension Idler Pulley

Anybody have any experience with replacing/servicing the serpertine tension idler pully?
It spins freely without any axial slop (rattle) but has an annoying sqeek.
I tried a little spray lube (not WD40) and it only stops it for a short time.

tension
Replace it before it breaks and causes you a problem, more then likely the tensioner is worn out and slightly off angle. the belt could slip off in the rain or the tensioner can break. If it is seized up now you may be destroying your water pump
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

what motor does your van have
I have the 3.0 litter engine.
Note: I removed serpentine belt and the pulley itself (bearing wise) "feels" fine; no noticeable friction (grinding) or axial play. I do not think it is in immediate danger of seizing.
The squeek first started at engine idle speed. Now I hear it most of the time except under acceleration engine loading.

Stephen Gertsch wrote:

If a bearing is squeaking it's junk. If you are sure it's the tensioner be glad it gave you some warning. A lot of times bearings sound fine until put under load. A cheap mechanic's stethoscope is the handiest thing I have for locating a noisy bearing. I moved up from a long screwdriver years ago.
Mine was noisy for a long time (92 Caravan 3.0 v6) and I wasn't sure what it was. I was under it one day putting in a new o2 sensor hoping that might improve gas mileage and noticed the serpentine belt had slipped a notch. I took it to my mechanic and they replaced it, and the squeak went away! I had a similar squeak that came and went also...turned out to be the tensioner on the timing belt (that they found when they were in the process of doing a bunch of work to replace a blown head gasket. Can't remember which went first, but they weren't too far apart.
It just rolled over 190k this morning on the way to work...some days I wonder how long it will hold up...but hey, if it keeps on rolling and doesn't cost too much to repair...
Wesley

the pully has a 18mm bolt just below the altenator it is not hard to fix mine was riding the belt to the end of the pully and i replaced mine in about 15 minutes

short
15 mm nut

it might be alternator bearing also. sometimes is difficult to pinpoint the problem.

it may be a 15mm not mine had a 18 mm nut