1994 Dodge Caravan won't start

I've got a 1994 caravan that turns over just fine but won't start. I've checked the gas and there's enough. I checked the air filter and it's fine. It's getting spark to the distributor... Could be a fuel filter? Or a different electrical problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to
LazyOldSun

Forgot to mention: it turns over great, just won't catch.

Reply to
LazyOldSun

You can try taking the air inlet hose off the intake, squirt a small amount of fuel in the intake and see if it starts, if it does but dies soon after, you have reduced the possible problem to the fuel system. More than likely it is you fuel pump in the tank. Hope this helps.

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

You also forgot to mention what engine it has. And you say it is getting plenty of gas.......was a fuel pressure gauge connected to see what the pressure readings were?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

When you find out the solution, please post it here. Thanks

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

I'm having the same problem with my daughter's 94. It was running well when she shut it off to do a little shopping. When she returned, it would crank but wouldn't start. It seems that there isn't any voltage getting to the coil. There is an Automatic Shutdown Relay and a Fuel pump Relay, both which require a ground feed from the ECU. If the ECU doesn't receive a signal from the distributer puckup it will shut down that ground feed and no voltage is fed to the coil or the fuel pump. There is a system fuse that I need to check. I think that it's number

  1. It may have blown. This occurred during one of those extremely hot days here in Chicago last week. I haven't gotten around to checking that fuse because I'm waiting for my son to come over. He's a bit smaller than me and can get under the dashboard to pull fuses. You may have a similar problem. Let me know.

Fred Dunham

Reply to
Ready Freddy