1994 Dodge Dakota turn signal light problem

Hi all,
My truck (64,000 miles) has no turn signal. Here are symptoms: if anyone can give me a hand, Id appreciate it.
The turn signal/parking light stays lit, but never blinks when it
needs to on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Replaced the bulbs today, both front and back, doesnt matter, they still dont work.
Cleaned the contacts, lots of grease/gunk in there.
New fuse box was put in (got used car from dealership, will ask tomorrow what work they did on it. The truck hasnt been 1200 miles since I got it).
The "clicking" sound is made when the lever is pushed up to activate the turn signal. Problem is, the clicking is faster when the passenger (messed up) side is on, compared to the driver (working) side.
Any ideas? It cant be the flasher, since I get the clicking sound. Checked the fuses, none are busted (should be 20 amp for the fuse box, but I also checked the 10 and they are fine too).
Thanks,
Vic
You have either a bad ground somewhere, or another bulb like a clearance lamp bulb that flashes with the signals that is burnt out.

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-1994-Dakota-turn-signal-light-problem-ftopict121327.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pX9989
A buddy of mine who is an electrician said the same thing: bad ground. I have 2 other bulbs on the same line, AFAIK. Could it be them?
Vic

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-1994-Dakota-turn-signal-light-problem-ftopict121327.html
On 23 May 2005 11:36:21 -0400, nichollsvi

I wouldn't rule out the flasher just because you hear it click. It may be clicking, but not actually completing the circuit. On some newer models, the flasher is solid state (no click) and a second device is added to the circuit to provide the audible click sound.