1994 dodge spirit

I had a new radiator put into my dodge spirit, the car has been running hot and all the water or coolant i put into the radiator seems to evaporate. it never spills on the ground. my engine is now begining to tap. is it possible that the water is getting into the engin somehow?

Reply to
goodpies

"goodpies"wrote; "I had a new radiator put into my dodge spirit, the car has been running hot and all the water or coolant i put into the radiator seems to evaporate. it never spills on the ground. my engine is now begining to tap. is it possible that the water is getting into the engin somehow?"

Check your oil for water. You probably have a blown head gasket.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

I saw your subject line...my first instinct was to yell "RUN!!" :-) We used to have one...bought it just shy of 100k and got rid of it about 115k. Was fine at first, then it was problem after problem after problem. The last straw was the starter going out. Replaced the starter and sold it. Heard afterwards that the alternator went out on them, and eventually the engine threw a rod or something major...glad we got rid of it! We were at my in-law's after we sold it and they had a consumer reports issue on cars - they listed specifically the 94 Dodge Spirit/Plymouth Acclaim to stay away from. ONLY the 94... At any rate...I've known other folks who had good luck with them (different model years) and Dodge in general I've been happy with...

Sorry...couldn't help ranting... Hopefully someone can provide some good advice besides "run" :-)

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Not evaporating, more then likely a blown head gasket and coolant going out the tail pipe

Reply to
maxpower

I've got a 94 spirit 3.0v6 with 82k on it, bought it from a salvage yard was an insurance total loss, has minor damage to left fender and bumper cover.

I use my car daily it usually gets anywere from 100-150 miles put on it a day, It runs excellent and purrs like a kitten, I've put a starter on it and Ive had no other problems with it.

Reply to
Adam Frazier