1994 Grand Caravan Radiator Petcock Query

I'm changing the coolant on my 1994 Grand Caravan ES with the 3.3L V6. The radiator drain petcock is on the driver's side, and includes a short piece of rubber hose. Now the stupid question . . . which way
is the petcock closed? With the lever parallel to the ground (horizontal), or perpendicular to the ground (vertical). I know this sounds stupid, but when I originally turned the lever, coolant didn't flow from the radiator, and it still doesn't. It looks like I need to pull the radiator and have it checked. I just want to make sure I have it in the closed position before I take the car to a radiator shop - if necessary.
And, once I get all of this done, is there an easy way to "burp" the system. Unlike other cars I've owned, the 3.3L doesn't have a bleeder valve on the thermostat housing.

First of all leave the petcock alone or you may have problems with a leak once you turn it. Remove the lower radiator hose (very easy) from the engine (not the radiator side) to drain all the coolant. Its alot easier to do and will do a better job. I take the upper heater hose clamp off under the throttle body and pull the hose off as I fill the radiator. This will allow all the air to come to the top when filling. When you see coolant coming out of the heater hose, put the hose and clamp back on and run the engine. Then top off the radiator.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech