1995 Cirrus 2.5L: ongoing OBD problems

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Lx, 2.5L V6, automatic, 58K miles
Update: currently PCM codes set are 44 - battery temp sensor voltage circuit 22 - ECT sensor voltage out of range
and, the coolant temp guage stopped working.
Background: I recently bought the Cirrus. The Haynes manual says it is OBD II. The emissions sticker under the hood says it's OBD I. The DLC connector is 16 pin OBD II.
The PCM (model number 04606064) has 2 40 pin connectors.
Can't scan the PCM: 1. An Actron 9135 Scanner will not talk to the PCM.
2. A Mindreader OBDII Scanner will not talk to the PCM using OBD II generic cables. (note: OTC/SPX the mfgr of the Mindreader says I need 2 other cables to read the PCM. But these cables are out of production and not available anywhere)
3. A Harrison Industries ODB II interface to a Palm PDA with OBDII software will not talk to the PCM.
Questions: 1. What is this car: OBD II, or OBD I, or what?
TIA Bill
it is OBD I not OBD II

pin
generic