1995 Dodge Neon

Hi, I have a dodge neon. I was driving on the highway and the "Check Engin" light came on. I took it to my regular mechanic. He said I needed an oil
change. The oil was changed but the light still stayed on I took the car to an automotive repair shop and they gave me a diagonostic report. The price was an "arm and a leg" so I took the car to another mechanic and gave him a copy of the diagonostic report. He did all the repairs that were on the report. He had the car for about a week. When I got the car back the light still comes on. Does anybody know what is causing the "Check Engin" light to come on. Or if the "Check Engin" light comes on what does it mean?

Of all the places you took your vehicle to did you bother to ask them what code/fault was causing the lite to be on?, no one can answer your question if we dont know what the fault code is.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
This web page has instructions on retrieving the codes on a Neon
http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html
I hav e the same problem with my Neon 1995 sprt 5spd. My Engin Check light stays on all the time, I found out if you have a lil leak in your engin anywhere your Check Engin light will indicated it. I used this engin leak stoper for my neon and it seemed that it wasnt going to work , but after I driven my car 3 days it shut off. So Check at your local "Auto Advance" by the Engin Oils it should be right there. Just try it and see it worked for my Neon.

light
WRONG!! Find out what code has been set and fix it. The check engine lite will not set if there is an oil leak. Where did you hear that from??
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech