1996 Caravan BCM & Radio

Hi All, We recently had the BCM replaced on our '96 Dodge Caravan to correct a wiper problem. Several days after that successful repair (we had a used BCM unit installed), our AM/FM factory radio started acting up. Some of the symptoms include: not pulling in local FM stations that are presets, while finding other presets with no problem; not being able to re-tune a 'found' preset after manually tuning away from it; only 1 channel of an external MP3 player (broadcasting to 107.5 FM); overall poor sound. Can the BCM cause problems with the radio??!

Another interesting fact is that prior to the BCM replacement, our odometer read 203,000, after it read 175,000!

Thanks for any help! Cheers, Phil

Reply to
Phil

The vehicle milage is stored in the BCM so the used BCM reflects the milage of the vehicle it came from. I would check the radio plugs

-- Message posted using

information at

sqdancerLynn