1996 Dodge Avenger

I have a 1996 Dodge Avenger. I can start it up and everything goes fine, but as soon as I go down the road it just all of a sudden quits on me. I can't get it started back for sometimes 15 mins or even hours. Can anyone
tell me what this might be? I am a single mom and I gotta work and without this ride I can't get there! Please if you have any information let me know. Thanks so much, AvengerGirl!

It could be almost anything!!~ you don't say what engine this vehicle has, is it a v6? 4cy? Does the check engine lite turn on? You would have to have someone connect a scan tool to the vehicle to pulls codes from the engine controller to start your diagnostic test. The if needed you would have to perform a fuel pump pressure test. How many miles are on it?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech