1996 Dodge Caravan

I borrowed my mom's 1996 Dodge Caravan, and without warning, the darn thing stopped driving. I had it towed home, and realized a steady stream of transmission fluid in the ground. My friend told me the front seal was
leaking, so I thought oh well, I'll put more in and drive it, until the shop can take it on Tuesday. Well, low and behold, it pours out on the groud as fast as I pour it in there.
Is there perhaps a (loose screw) drain plug on this van? Or is it leaking out because I had the engine off when I poured it in?
My sister has a transmission leak on her Sephia Kia, and she pours in a quart every 150 miles and keeps driving. It's been nearly a year and she is still going.
..With gas prices at $2.99 per gallon for regular, here in Virgina, I may not be able to afford a $600 front seal job. Gas cost $3.19 on holiday Monday 9/08/05, went down to $3.09 Tuesday, and down to $2.99 on Wednesday. It's a sad day when you are glad the gas is down to $2.99 per gal.
But the weekend nears.