1996 neon Hoses on block ?

Hi I am having trouble identifying somthing on my 96 dodge neon it seems to have 2 hoses that are plugged of with big bolts just in a rigged type way they are comming from the block right below the the intake manifold.

They are attached to a plastic box which is attached to the block. The box has this number on it 4667957 62244 SAE PA6 4.

Anyone know what they are ? or why they are plugged up ?

Reply to
MR WALLACE

I have no idea what it it. Is it causing a problem?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

I think these are making my car miss on hills and have a bad idle but I don't know

It's putting random multiple cylinder misfire on hills sometimes on flat and even on the highway I shifted into neutral it was still missing. If I rev it alot in neutral it seems to clear up a for a while.

I changed the plugs,wires,coil,( timing belt ,water pump done by a garage) (Head gasket me and my buddies did that one) had the head checked and flattened out on all surfaces. Fuel filter Air filter, upper O2 sensor.

It seems to be getting worse when I bought the car it would seem like it was lacking power just on highway when u floored it at about 70 or so it would seem to struggle.

now it's basically missing in all speeds and gears. Seems to be more when it heats up. I had a blown head gasket and when the car overheated it would miss all the time now it's still doing this with everything fixed. I just changed the fuel filter and that has made things worse ? ???

I am at a loss with this car please can someone help

Reply to
MR WALLACE

You would have to start with the basics, I would check fuel pressure to start. To me it sounds like a secondary ignition misfire. How long ago were the wires replaced? are they of good quality? Any fault codes?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi

I checked the fuel pressure today was only 20psi reving the throttle lowered it even to 18psi

do you think it would be the pump or the regulator ? I already changed the filter

thanks will

----- Original Message ----- From: "maxpower" Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 12:11 PM Subject: Re: 1996 neon Hoses on block ?

The fuel pressure is supposed to be 48 PSI. Replace the pump Assembly. The regulator is part of the pump. Recommend purchasing part from MOPAR.