1997 caravan hub bearings

has anyone had to replace the hub bearings on your van just wondering what symptoms you might have mine makes a rubbing noise like its the brakes but
only when i step on the brakes but the break system is fine the vehicle is a 1997 grand voyager 3.3 engine
i could try if u like
Pay no attention to Dan C. ... I haven't seen him post any kind of help here or @ the Chrysler newsgroup.. Just things to anger people or poke fun at them.. ... We should all be scholars and teaching college like him.
I don't know the symptoms.. however I do know these are relatively expensive pieces.. I think about $75 each last time I checked.. However I have changed one on my '98 (bad bad bad ,, noisy, loose.... that sort of thing no diagnosis necessary). Job itself should be straightforward for any experienced backyard mechanic to do... (I am not a professional by any means but do my own work.. R+R...not rebuilds) And buy the factory manual.. there is NO substitute.
14" wheels are different than 15 on up. All I can offer sorry. Wish I had more.. you could try pinging maxpower or damnickname.. he is a Chrysler tech and offers help on MANY occasions.. and try rec.autos.makers.Chrysler...

The wheel bearings are a sealed unit and come with hub and all. If you are mechanically inclined and have basic tools you can do it yourself. Normally a bad wheel bearing will make a roaring type noise and will come and go as you load and unload the bearing.( meaning shifting the weight of the vehicle from side to side as you drive) The other way to check it is by raising the wheel off the ground to see if there is any up or down or side to side play in the assembly
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
thanks for the help