1997 Dodge Avenger Won't Start

I have a 1997 Dodge Avenger, 4-cylinder. The car was running fine, but now it won't start. The car sounds like it is trying to start, but something
is just not firing. To me I think it could just be something minor, but wondering if anybody knows what it might be.
It could be anything from a flooded engine to a faulty sensor or even a timing belt problem. If your mechanically inclined your gonna have to do the basic checking
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I would say no to the flooded engine, I've let it sit for a couple days without starting. But I have had someone else tell me that it could be the camshaft sensor or the crankshaft sensor. I have no idea where either one is located or how to replace it. Is that an easy task to do?

is you car a stick or auto because i have a stick and the clutch calbe rubbed though the mail power wire from the ignition to the fuse box under the hood the wire is red and white you may want to check that if it is a stick