1997 Grand Caravan A/C + overheating

Just a quick question to you all. I'm looking to check the pressure on the A/C system in my mother's Grand Caravan. I'm looking for the valve that I need to hook up my pressure probe too. She has a 3.8L model and
unfortunately the manual does not point out anything about checking the A/C level. I've done it several times on my father's Oldsmobile Bravada so I am very familiar with the proceedures.
The only thing that looks remotely like the valve I need is on the front left side (looking from the front of the van). It's a little valve with a black screw on cap that looks like it is hooked up to the A/C system. The problem is that the pressure probe I have doesn't seem to want to hook up and make a nice seal. If anyone is familiar with the A/C system in the minivan I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me whether or not this is the right valve. It could be that I need to get a new probe if the connector is worn and isn't functioning properly. Thanks.
Rob

Dude!!! it sounds as if you have no idea what you are checking for and dont know what your doing if you cant find the shrader valves, Not trying to be an ass but you can really hurt yourself if you arent familiar with this system. Therefore I cannot or will not assist
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech