1997 Intrepid Engine Replacement

Hello Group, I am changing an engine on a 1997 Intrepid. I have the old one out already and the new one ready to go in. I can't seem to find any literature on lifting points for the replacement
long block. There is one loop by the AC Compressor that I could use, but I was kind of counting on using 4. The bolts for the exhaust manifold look like an excellent location, 1 in each corner, or the intake manifold bolts. I dont want to use head bolts because the heads are already on. What is your opinion of using the exhaust manifold bolts for lifting, considering it is aluminum heads. I think the bolts would be strong enough and if I pack them with washers it will move the chains close to the heads so I wouldnt have to worry about bending them. I appreciate your help...Any tips or shortcuts are appreciated...this group is awesome... Steve
"" wrote: > Hello Group, > I am changing an engine on a 1997 Intrepid. I have the old one > out already > and the new one ready to go in. > I can't seem to find any literature on lifting points for the > replacement > long block. There is one loop by the AC Compressor that I > could use, but I > was kind of counting on using 4. The bolts for the exhaust > manifold look > like an excellent location, 1 in each corner, or the intake > manifold bolts. > I dont want to use head bolts because the heads are already > on. > What is your opinion of using the exhaust manifold bolts for > lifting, > considering it is aluminum heads. I think the bolts would be > strong enough > and if I pack them with washers it will move the chains close > to the heads > so I wouldnt have to worry about bending them. > I appreciate your help...Any tips or shortcuts are > appreciated...this group > is awesome... > Steve
Hi Steve.You will only need two lifting points,on on a front corner and one on the opposite back cornor.If you have the exhaust manifolds off that would be a good place to hook your chain (at the exhaust ports).
Heres a tip,you probably have a 3.5?? Leave the thermostate housing off and pour your anti-freeze in the intake as well as the rad. after you get your hoses connected.The V6s are hard to bleed the air out of the system.This way will cut your time bleeding the air by half.
Hope this helps some
Thanks Shakes 73, I have a 3.3 litre Intrepid, not 3.5. Should I also fill the cooling system using your suggested procedure...sounds like an excellent idea...
When you say hook the chains on the exhaust manifold, do you mean the hooks or should I bolt the chains on using the exhaust manifold bolts.
Thanks, Steve

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-1997-Intrepid-Engine-Replacement-ftopict127203.html