1997 Intrepid Engine Replacement

Hello Group, I am putting an engine in my Intrepid 3.3 I am wondering how to line the engine up to the transmission.I am not sure of the sequence of putting it back together. I have the engine installed and sitting loosely on the motor mounts and the bolts started to connect the transmission to the engine. I can get within about 1/4 inch and it gets tough. I kind of thought that if everything is lined up with the bolts started that it should slide together easily. I left it like it is for now because I dont want to torque it too much, doesnt feel right. I tried to turn it over by hand to line up the bolts for the flex plate but it wont turn. I think something must be jamming up. Question is...Should I get it close and then bolt the flex plate to the torque converter or is it supposed to be bolted on after the transmission is bolted to the engine? Books dont tell me much. Is there a trick to this that I am missing... Thanks,,, Steve

Reply to
Steve

make sure the convertor is in all the way and not jamming against the pump drive tangs

Reply to
rob