1997 ply voyageur heating problems

I know the air conditioning is pooched, I had the air conditioning and recirc lights flashing, I did the calibration, it would cycle from hot to cold and then all the different vents (but not different speeds not sure
if it should). After the top rear window wiper button would flash and it would stay on cold even when it was on hot (van was sufficently warmed up) If I hit the button the air cond. and recirc button would start flashing again and back to hot air. I only have highest fan setting working which is what I am trying to fix. Any suggestions??

The van has to be warmed up in order to pass the calibration test. The purpose of the test is to see if it goes from hot to cold, if the engine is not hot it will never see hot and fail.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
The van was warmed up.
I read it wrong. But if your a/c is Pooched then it wont see the cold side it is looking for, there fore it will also fail.
Glenn
Would that be causing the fan to only have the highest level and none of the 3 or 4 other levels? And what wouild happen if I would disconnect the A/C?

the heater resistor has burnt out and when this occurs it only allows high speed, replace it, located just under the glove box mounted into the heater box. then do the calibration test. Note if the A/c does not work don't expect this test to pass. why would you disconnect the a/c if it already doesn't work?
Glenn
At one point I did want to disconnect the A/C because when it was on defrost it would make an awful noise but it no longer makes that sound.