1998 dodge caravan belt noise..

I have a problem i have a very loud noise coming from I am assuming the pulley area of the engine. I am not very noligable on cars sorry, and today the oil light started flashing on and off and there is plenty of oil
is this something I should be majorly concerned about is this mean my engine is going out? or what. I make a long drive every day for work and am concerned.
The engine oil light came on?? Usually it is only illuminated if the oil pressure is too low, so yes that would be a problem. The oil pump could be going bad if you hear a squeeling noise
http://www.carforums.net/ Auto Forums
What engine do you have ?

The engine oil light came on?? Usually it is only illuminated if the oil pressure is too low, so yes that would be a problem. The oil pump could be going bad if you hear a squeeling noise
http://www.carforums.net/ Auto Forums
I have the v6 i am not sure what # it is..
When does the oil light flicker on and off? Is it when you are in drive and stopped ?? When it flickers what is the rpm? I'm just guessing you have a tach. With the engine running look under the hood and look closely at the AC compreessor. Does the pulley have any unusual movements ? Does it sound like the noise is coming from that ? Your compressor pulley may be getting ready to seize. I have the same problem. 97 3.3L Better get it fixed if thats the problem. You don't want it to seize.

It sounds like from that area it only happens in stop and go traffic and the light just flickers and chimes.. if the compressor seizes whats that do i know I sound stupid bar with me ya'll!! i that would been the compressor is shot but what would it do to the engine?