1998 Dodge Stratus 6cyl 2.5 L Oil light flickers at red lights but goes...

out upon acceleration. 67000 mi, oil changed every 3 thousand miles. Any ideas on possible causes and cures? Bad Sender? Low idle? About 600 RPM on dash tach at idle. Prior to this ABS
light was lit for one day.
Please help.
Gould

ideas
ABS
Try again, makes no sense to me
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Oil light comes on flickering while waiting at traffic signals and then goes out after accelerating from the traffic signal. Flickers at idle, goes out while accelerating and maintaining speed. I was hoping it might be just a bad oil sender or maybe idling too low. I sure hope it is nothing more serious. Like bad oil pump or worse.
Any ideas?
Gould

Any
Replace the oil sending unit and clean the connector really good. If the vehicle has been well maintained that should fix the problem, if not perform and oil pressure test.
Glenn
Thanks for the assistance. My plan is to change the sender and the oil and then assess the situation. I just can't believe the situation could be any more serious than a sender but anything is possible. I had a well maintained '90 Plymouth Acclaim w/3.0L Mitsubishi engine with way less than 70,000 miles on it that smoked like a chimney so I know when it comes to Chrysler anything is possible. But I keep buying them anyway. Like father like son I guess.
Thanks Again
Gould

3.0l is an japanese engine. I fyou live in a cold region, plese keep away from oil life extenders during the winter. If your oil pressure is to low in the cold regions, start searching another car.