1998 Grand Caravan - Headlights

The Lenses on my headlights (both) have the sandblasted look. I have tried plastic polishing compound and it now looks better but is definitely making
the lights dimmer.
Do I have to replace the whole assembly? If so . suggestions on where to go?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Select a shopperbot and type in: 1998 Grand Caravan Headlights http://www.nextag.com / http://www.pricegrabber.com / http://www.pricewatch.com / Pick the best deal and order.
try getting a scotch brite pad like the one your wife uses to do dishes and rubbing compound worked great for me
says...