1999 Caravan

I have a 1999 Caravan and I never got a manual that comes in the glove box. What I am looking for is how to turn the door locks off so when you take off
they will not lock. Any help would be appreciated.
Jerry
let me go out to my van and get my manual....I know it is in there somewhere
--
Cheryl Honchen
http://www.CostumeShack.com

forgot van is in the shop......oops
--
Cheryl Honchen
http://www.CostumeShack.com
"Jerry" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.net> wrote in message
news:xU5if.8558$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.lga...
Rob,
Thanks for responding to my request for instructions on how to deactivate the auto door locking on my vehicle. It worked!!!! No more extra steps because I forgot the doors were locked. Not having an owner's manual makes me dependent on people like you who are willing to take the time. It is greatly appreciated
Jerry

Jerry wrote:

Don't you just hate it when the doors lock you inside? I'm still looking for my manual, I'll let you know when I find it.

I had a '97 Voyager, same van I think, & it was a fuse option. Pull the appropriate fuse to disable. Don't think it was listed in the manual, I found it in a service book.
On the other hand, don't you get an insurance discount for this "passive restraint" system?

No it only locks the door so you can not get inside. From the inside you can open any door. I got the fix from "honk_on_bobo" but thanks for trying.
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:17:22 -0700, just another

Its meant as an anti-carjacking thing. locks when you go ver 15mph
Lots of them on eBay:
sample
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Dodge-Caravan-Owners-Manual-With-Case_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34218QQitemZ8018146151QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW