1999 Chrysler Town/Country LXI

For several months my van randomly drops into a lower gear or won?t shift to the next gear. I then pull off the road & cut it off for a minute or so & start again. This seems to fix it until the next time. I drive by myself often is this the start of something bigger? Sometimes the service engine light comes on & sometimes is doesn?t. The mechanics said that they have to look at it when its doing it to know what is going on! Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this?

Reply to
chip

Sounds like either a bad solenoid pack or "possibly" a speed sensor problem. Also, when was the fluid last changed? MUST have the propar Mopar fluid, and changing fluid regularly on those 4speed auto-boxes is MANDATORY.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do