1999 Dodge Caravan 3.0 P0401

The SES light came on in my minivan, so I pulled the codes and got a code P0401, which, according to my reference means "Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected". My question is where is the best place to start looking for the problem? I would rather not just throw parts at it, but EGR problems are not my long suit. Any help would be appreciated. Specs: 1999 Dodge Caravan 3.0, 46,000 miles.

Reply to
Bret Knol

Start with checking to see if the vacuum hose is intact going to it and the connector is on it, other then that with put a scan tool to actuate it you will be throwing parts at it. And I would say your chances of fixing the problem by replacing the valve is about 99% it will take care of the problem. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thank You.

Reply to