1999 Dodge Gr Caravan locks by itself

Electrical experts .... My Caravan recently started locking itself whenever I close a door. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I want to fix it before I accidentally leave the keys in the car!

Reply to
PDO

There are door "mux" inputs which monitor which position the doors are in. Have somebody check with a scan tool to make sure they are working correctly. The wiring or switches could be bad, also possibly the body control module could be defective. Check the door lock switches themselves also for shorts or corrosion. Electrical checks must be made before any parts are replaced however.

Reply to
Bill

accidentally

Does this vehicle have an after market alarm in it?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

no

Reply to
PDO

Thx for the post. The D/L inputs go to the two relays - are these what you are referring to?

BTW - it has now started locking itself randomly even when it no one is near the car. =^(

Reply to
PDO