1999 Dodge Grand Caravan rattle from engine

My 99 Grand Caravan has developed a rattling noise that appears to be coming from the engine's crankshaft area. It was thought to be emitting from the air condition compressor, but after that was replaced, the
noise was still there. I also had the trans axle diagnostic and the technician couldn't any faults. The car performance at time is a little sluggish. I need help in finding what really needs to be repair or replaced. Also, the vehicle has over 126,000 and it doesn't smoke.
Thanks
Serpentine belt tensioner?
hmh wrote:

You could have multiple problems going on here, first you state about a rattling noise, but when you say A/C compressor,Transaxle, and then crankshaft area, you are basically all over the engine in location. does the rattling noise sound internal? Is the vehicle stopped at Idle or reving engine to hear noise? To make this short, I will assume this is the 3.3L engine. The Exhaust Crossover Pipe will make a rattling noise. It is located under the hood on the drivers side and looks like it has an accordian / bellows on it, also a Catalytic Converter could be at fault. For the sluggish, when was the last tune up? Fuel Filter replaced? Fuel pump pressure? --J