1999 Dodge Intrepid. Reading check engine code.

I need some advice. Would buying the Actron 9125 PocketScan automotive code reader for 1996 and newer cars and trucks be a reasonable solution to my problem? What recommendations does the group have to
read the codes on my car?
Ed
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:17:15 -0800, Usual Suspect wrote:

Where I live, the "AutoZone" parts stores will read codes for free. Probably other parts stores will too...
Linux Registered User #327951