1999 Dodge Neon

Suddenly began knocking and and loss of power/engine miss while on highway. Car died, had to be towed. DTC code 32. 75,000 miles. No smoke from exhaust. Had aftermarket stereo installed at Best Buy 30 minutes prior.
Coincidence?? Any ideas?
I see it as EGR failure. Simple fix if you can turn a wrench. AutoZone stocks them. I had the same thing on my daughter's 96 Neon. Anyone else? http://faq.neons.org/faq/FAQ_ET.html#OBD

"" wrote: > Suddenly began knocking and and loss of power/engine miss > while on highway. > Car died, had to be towed. DTC code 32. 75,000 miles. No > smoke from > exhaust. Had aftermarket stereo installed at Best Buy 30 > minutes prior. > Coincidence?? Any ideas?
I have all the codes for the Neon since I have a 98 Neon. code 32 is an open or shorted condition detected in theEGR solenoid circuit. Possible air/fuel ratio imbalance. you should take it in to get it checked out.