1999 Stratus / Breeze milage

We have a 1999 Breeze 2.0l, a/t, with 80k on it.

Ive changed to synthetic oil, changed the trans filter and oil, replaced air filter, removed the muffler, and the max I can get driving it like a little 'ol lady is 27 mpg - at 60 mph for 300 miles.

Ideas?

Should I change the o2 sensor - regardless?

Changed Fuel filter and PCV valve.

I checked car for codes - none, no check engine light. Ive ran every type of injector cleaner imaginable.

40 psi (rated) in new tires. Checked the odometer.

Im toying with an air intake kit? (suggestions)

This is a great car - but, Ive had 15 or more of these, and always got in the mid 30's with them.

I have a friend with the same exact car (except different color) and he AVERAGES

37, and Ive been with him to prove it.

I dont want to - but with $4.00 gas coming, Im looking at trading for a 40mpg car!

Please share your thoughts.

Car ideas smooth, drives well, and is in great condition!

-- Message posted using

information at

OPTIMABATTERYSTORE

Mass airflow sensor?...

Reply to
Ron Seiden

That would be a good guess if the car actually had one.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

it does have a mass air flo sensor in the intake

Reply to
truckdriver

No it doesn't.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

my neon has one and the breeze has the same motor

Reply to
truckdriver

Your neon doesn't have a Mass Air Flow sensor either.

Reply to
aarcuda69062