2000 Caravan BCM

Hi All, 2000 Caravan 3.3, 127K Oil presure light and chime comes on although the pressure is ok. Today I had my mechanic replace the sending unit with no luck. He also checked pressure at idle and at
speed and all is good. He is fairly sure it is the Body Control Module. I am looking for a used one to put in. My problem is the chime! It is supposed to stay on for 4 minutes, but my bad unit just resets and it is on most of the time I am driving. I can not seem to find out if I can disable the chime untill I get the new BCM. I hear the chime, but it just seems to be anywhere by the fusebox because of the echo! Does anyone know how to disable the chime. I have a factory manual, but also can not find the location of the chime. Thanks, Jerry

It's possible that the wire is grounded somewhere between the oil pressure sending switch and pin #52 of the Body Contgrol Module (BCM). Do you know if he checked for that? Did he use a DRB III scanner (or equivalent)to diagnose the problem? ........I just went out to check my 1999 Gr. Voyager to try and find the chime. You're right...it's near the fuse block somewhere. Problem is...my chime only sounds for 3 seconds when the key is turned to "ON" so it makes it hard to locate.

Thanks SRN, I assume he used a scanner if needed. The problem seems to be strange as it does not always act the same. Goes away for a bit, then on for a while, then chimes for a while, then only light as it should and so on. I found out the chime is part of the BCM so that ends my thought on stopping that! Thanks for the reply, Jerry

You need to disassemble the connector to the oil pressure switch, remove the rubber seal at the top inside and clean all the oil out. reinstall the connector and you should be good to go. If you had the pressure checked at idle why not post the spec that was found? And if you ever swap out a BCM with another vehicle, be careful because you may get more problems then just an oil chime. By the way, the chime.....its part of the BCM.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 06:13:20 -0400, "maxpower"

There does not seem to be any old oil around the area, but I will check that out. If I remember right he said 40 and 60? on the pressure. Did not pay attention as he said it was good. The van is in great shape and I do understand some things should be done at the dealer where they have the experience so I may go that route. I have a good Dodge dealer here where I bought it and have had other stuff done before. When you say be careful with the swap, do you mean just general care of removing power, dissasembly and connectors? Thanks for a great group, Jerry

controllers is that the controllers talk to each other or a bus line on the vehicle, For instance, install a BCM that has a alarm programmed and your vehicle not equipped..... The PCM will think it is equipped and not allow the vehicle to start, not you will have to replace both the BCM and the PCM. Try disconnecting the oil pressure sending unit and see if the lite still comes on, if it does there is a short somewhere
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:00:01 -0400, "maxpower"

very intermittant. It might be ok when I start it, then 2 minutes later start up and go on for a while then off for a bit and so on. With the plug back on, I drove home for two hours on the highway and it was on with short off times for quite a while then off for the last 45 minutesof the trip. That is why I thought it was the BCM. How would I know if my vehical was alarm equiped? My key fob has a panic button. Is that what you meen? Thanks, Jerry
It has an alarm and may or may not have other stuff that the 2 BCMs have, you will also have a new mileage on the odometer. could be higher or lower,
Glenn