2000 caravan transmission making strange noises

Hi, My 2000 caravan is making strange creaking noises when the transmission shifts, I've noticed this on other caravans I've seen on the street.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks

Reply to
pesachzon

If you're talking about a "ratcheting" sound it makes when it upshifts or downshifts, it's just the normal sound that the solenoid pack makes when it's shifting.

Reply to
Steve

Is it is the little "Bzzzt!" that happens every time it shifts?

That's the normal sound of the solenoids that control the valves in the transmission.

Reply to
Gene Poon

thanks alot. this is the answer i've been getting for this question and I just wanted to be sure. Many people say caravans have crappy transmissions, this is why i got worried.

Reply to
pesachzon