2000 Dodge Neon

I have a 2001 dodge neon that i have never had any problems with. but today it started acting up.
when i pulled out of my complex it acted as if it was going to stall.
got to a stop light again it acted like it was going to stall.
turned a corner and it stalled. i stopped and got it started again then kept going and it stalled again ...after 2 more times i made it to work (less then a mile from my complex) and it stalled into the parking spot where it now sits.
what would make a car stall all of a sudden? does anyone know?
Mio
bad gas? someone put someting in the tank to be mean? any unfriendly types nearby? bad alternator? need more info, perhaps some recent changes to anything or history.

"Abby Normal" wrote: > bad gas? > someone put someting in the tank to be mean? any unfriendly > types nearby? > bad alternator? > need more info, perhaps some recent changes to anything or > history. >
> > >I have a 2001 dodge neon that i have never had any problems > with. but > > today it started acting up. > > > > when i pulled out of my complex it acted as if it was going > to stall. > > got to a stop light again it acted like it was going to > stall. > > > > turned a corner and it stalled. i stopped and got it started > again > > then kept going and it stalled again ...after 2 more times i > made it > > to work (less then a mile from my complex) and it stalled > into the > > parking spot where it now sits. > > > > what would make a car stall all of a sudden? does anyone > know? > > > > Mio > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-2000-Neon-ftopict123482.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p `0954
hi Abby Normal
I like the name :)
unfortunately yes there is someone who could have put something in my tank. I took it to the shop (well had it towed) and they said they cant be for certain what was wrong but now its working fine.
i did go out that night and purchase a locking gas cap. the 2000 model didnt come with one so i bought the 99 model cap and it works fine.
i also put some gas tank cleaner stuff in it so its better.
i wish there was a way to prove if she did it or not. but there isnt so i keep it close to my window at work to make sure and i keep an eye on it at home.
thanks for the advice :)
MIO