2000 Dodge Neon Oil Consumptin problems?? HELP!!!

Hi I have a few questions and maybe someone can point me in the right direction where to go with this one. My wife has a 2000 Dodge Neon. Bought
it brand new...has approx 70,000 miles on it. But Now the cars oil light has started going on? Im not really sure why? or what it could be. There is no visible signs of oil leaks under or around the car...the car isnt overheating. The cars oil light came on once I checked the oil it was down a quart. I filled it,..then 2 weeks later it happened again. This time the oils was down 2 quarts.Now today the oil light came on down a quart and the radiator was very low with water.Im nto sure what is going on here but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate what the problems might be. My wife needs her car to go back and forth to work as I am not home n the day for her to use my truck. Thanks

It is going out the tail pipe.
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply

quarts wont turn the lite on if it is low. But since it is going low and the lite turns on I would have to suspect that the oil pressure sending unit behind the engine is faulty. if this unit leaks, it will short out the wire and turn the lite on. You need to raise the vehicle up in the air and inspect the sending unit and see if there is oil all over the undercarriage of the vehicle. If so...disconnect the connector at the sending unit and clean it good with some keep of degreaser, replace the switch and be on your way. If you see no oil leaks at all. then its probably going out the tailpipe. But one quart wont set this lite on.Do an oil pressure test to see if that's a problem My opinion
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
hi glen,this guy might want to check coolant.ive seen many 2.0L fill cooling system with oil,looses pressure.makes one hell of a mess,and a nasty repair-cleanup job......bob

noticed if there was oil in it after topping it off. I have been thru those messes allot.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
coolant low too? maybe a coincidence but what color is your oil?

how about what weight of oil are you using.not 5w-30!?try regular strate 30 and see if oil level stays up.hot and thin 5w30 can make light come on at stops.(idle)