2000 durango

I have a 2000 durango 4x4 with a 4.7 v8 just got an engine code P0320 any ideas what that is? thanks Jeff

I think that's the universal obd2 "No crankshaft reference signal detected during engine cranking" error - or whatever verbiage is used to describe the crankshaft position sensor signal not getting to the ECU...
http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp
/daytripper '05 hemi Durango ltd - a living room on wheels
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:32:37 -0600, Jeff wrote:

Is Google down again?

I thought the 4.7 was offered in the `02 to present models only. I thought it was the 5.2 ( 318 ) in 2000 ?

2000 was the first year they put in the 4.7

No crank reference signal seen at the PCM
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
where is the sensor located Glen? can't see it right away with the hood open Thanks Jeff

I havent worked on a truck in over 7 years, Back then the crank sensor was located on the passenger side bell housing of the Transmission. Keep in mind that just because you have a fault code for a particular part does NOT mean that part is bad. That fault is pointing you into a direction that the PCM is not getting a signal. It could be a circuit problem, PCM or even a sensor fault. Sorry the delay in getting back to you but we just got back from a White Water Raft trip...now Im gonna sit back and let the sores and bruises heal..
Glenn